Venturing, Learning for Life and Co-Ed Youth Programs
Many of Piedmont’s youth want more than that which the Boy Scout program so effectively delivers. Girls want to engage with the outdoors, so they join the co-ed high adventure crew. Elementary school children want to develop fluency with the sounds of French, Mandarin and Spanish, so they get up early every day to join Piedmont Language School classes. Middle and high schoolers want to continue Piedmont’s proud Scottish heritage and join the Piedmont Highlanders youth bagpipe band. In these and other pursuits, Piedmont’s youth build and reinforce skills, confidence and values.
Learning for Life is the umbrella under which reside our non-Scout programs targeted at youth in elementary and middle school, while Venturing is the corresponding umbrella for high schoolers and young adults. The descriptions below focus on the adventure and challenges, leadership skills and opportunities presented by our Learning for Life and Venture programs; contact the Piedmont Scout Service Center to find out more about the distinctions between the two programs, and how you might organize a new initiative to meet the interests of Piedmont’s youth.
To learn more about any of these programs or to sign up follow the links below or contact the Piedmont Scout Service Center office.
Learn more about our exciting programs for local youth:
- Clausen House—Residents of Clausen House a Vocational program for Developmentally Disabled Adults particiapate in outdoor activities such as camping and hiking.
- Community Service Crew—Participate in community service activities.
- High Adventure Crew—Back packing, climbing, kayaking, etc.
- Oakland Strokes—National award-winning rowing crew.
- Piedmont Fencing Crew—Fencing instruction.
- Piedmont Language School—Learn French, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin.
- Piedmont Police Explorer Post—Work with the Piedmont Police.
- Piedmont Post—Write for the Piedmont Post.
- Piedmont Youth Bagpipe Band—Learn how to play the Bagpipes.
- Sea Scouts—Learn to sail and the rules on the water.