- This event has passed.
Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS)
October 28, 2022 @ 4:30 pm - October 29, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$40.00
This training course is an important and enjoyable part of the basic Scouting preparations pertinent to a Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, Venturing Crew leader, or parent volunteer. Working as patrols, this hands-on course provides you with the practical outdoor skills you’ll need to lead Scouts in the out-of-doors. Upon completion, adult leaders will feel comfortable teaching Scouts the skills required to obtain up to First Class rank.
In addition to Scoutmaster Position Specific Training, IOLS is required of all direct contact leaders registered in a Scouts BSA Troop to be considered “fully trained”.
- IOLS covers the skills expected of a new Scout or Venturer, and follows closely with the Scouts BSA Handbook and Venturing Outdoor Expectations.
- You will gain confidence in your ability through hands-on, practical applications of methods proven to influence growth of youth within the BSA.
Please bring the following with you to the training:
- Personal overnight camping gear (view a specific list here)
- BSA medical forms parts A & B (found here)
Things to Note:
- **Registration is full** – please contact [email protected] to be added to the waitlist!
- No walk-ins accepted
- Friday snacks, Saturday breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided
- Location: Two Rocks campsite, Anthony Chabot Regional Park