Scouting From Home
Here are some ideas for projects and activities your child can do to stay busy, learn something new, and be helpful!
- Good Turns During the Crisis:
- Medical Providers may be in need of the following items: N95 Masks, Hand Sanitizer, and Bleach disinfectant. For an up-to-date list of Medical Supply Items Needed, go here: Medical Supplies Needed
- Create your own face covering, instructions here: Cloth Face Covering
- See a list of other options Scouts or adults can consider to support loved ones and the community: Good Turns From Home
- Activities Around the House: Check out these fun hands-on activities with supplies from around the house: Activities Around the House
- Virtual Field Trips and Educational Resources: Here is a list of some great online educational tools and resources: Virtual Field Trips
- More Ideas from the National Council are being added here: Scouting at Home
- 30-Day Challenges: Help your Cub Scouts keep their skills sharp by taking these 30-day challenges. Each level is separated as follows: Lion Challenge, Tiger Challenge, Wolf Challenge, Bear Challenge, Webelos Challenge (courtesy of Pacific Skyline and Hawkeye Area Councils!)
Scouts and Venturers
- Merit Badges can still be completed from home! Here is a list of Merit Badges that don’t require public gatherings or other similar requirements: Merit Badges From Home
Resources for Leaders
- Online Troop Meetings: Bryan on Scouting has highlighted some info about this here: Online Troop Meetings. Reach out to Morgan if you need access to a Zoom account.
- Advancement and COVID-19 FAQs: Click HERE
- Online Adult Training: If you haven’t already taken the required courses for your Scouting Position, now is a great time to log on and get trained! Hazardous Weather Training is one great option for anyone planning to go on outings this year.
There are several required training opportunities available on-line.
1. Log onto: my.scouting.org
2. Click on “Menu”
3. Click on “My Training”
4. Select “YPT” if you need to update your Youth Protection Training (every 2 years)
5. For all other classes, go to “Training Center” and select the courses needed by program.