Scouting From Home
Here are some ideas for projects and activities your child can do to stay busy, learn something new, and be helpful!
- Last Chance to earn the Flatten the Curve Patch: Click HERE for details.
- Good Turns During the Crisis:
- Activities Around the House: Check out these fun hands-on activities with supplies from around the house: Activities Around the House
- Virtual Field Trips and Educational Resources: Here is a list of some great online educational tools and resources: Virtual Field Trips
- More Ideas from the National Council are being added here: Scouting at Home
- Adventure Videos: Library of videos available at Den Leader Virtual Resources
- Adventure Boxes: Supplies for the whole year, $50: Adventure Boxes
- 30-Day Challenges: Help your Cub Scouts keep their skills sharp by taking these 30-day challenges. Each level is separated as follows: Lion Challenge, Tiger Challenge, Wolf Challenge, Bear Challenge, Webelos Challenge (courtesy of Pacific Skyline and Hawkeye Area Councils!)
Scouts and Venturers
- Merit Badges can still be completed from home! Here is a list of Merit Badges that don’t require public gatherings or other similar requirements: Merit Badges From Home. See our calendar for courses being offered.
Resources for Leaders
- Online Troop Meetings: Review the Digital Safety Protocols here: Digital Safety. Bryan on Scouting has highlighted some info about this here: Online Troop Meetings. Reach out to Morgan if you need access to a Zoom account.
- Advancement and COVID-19 FAQs: Click HERE
- Intro to Leadership Skills Training for Troops and Crews (ILST and ILSC) can be offered via a combined elearning and virtual format. More info and other Youth Training can be found at BSA Training for Youth
- Online Adult Training: There is a library of required and recommended training opportunities available online. Log onto: my.scouting.org, Info on how to access training can be found on the Training How-To.
- Coping with COVID-19: Mental Health Resources